[c-nsp] 3rd party dwdm 80km optics in asr 9001

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Wed Sep 28 07:43:25 EDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 11:38:55AM +0000, Adam Vitkovsky wrote:
> > Gustav Ulander
> > Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:09 PM
> >
> > Yepp
> > We actually got an error that says unsupported transceiver so that's why we
> > are going to try a different supplier.
> >
> Can you ask your supplier to code the transceiver to be supported by your box, then you shouldn't even need the below?
>
> I presume you have tried these commands already:
> Interface:
> "transceiver permit pid all"
> Or
> global (hidden):
> "service unsupported-tranceiver"

	BTW, Cisco has indiciated to me you may need both as
the global command doesn't unlock certain code paths because bad
developers.  The 9K team thinks they're a unique snowflake so
deserve to set 2 bars vs the single global bar.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net