[c-nsp] 3750G Hardware revision information

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sun Jan 15 10:21:05 EST 2017

> On 14 Jan 2017, at 18:18, Kenny Long <long.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For the 3750G-24PS-E I notice there are different hardware versions (ie
> V05, V06).  Does Cisco publish the details of these revisions?  If you know
> of a resource documenting this information I would appreciate it.

They are not published, and reflect internal changes to the production
process that shouldn’t change hardware and software characteristics.

If there are some specific fixes that work only after some specific
hardware revision, they are usually documented in the release notes.
For that kind of platforms they’re rare, for platforms with linecards -
they do happen sometimes.

--
Łukasz Bromirski
CCIE R&S/SP #15929, CCDE #2012::17, PGP Key ID: 0xFD077F6A