[c-nsp] Cat 6500: WS-X6748-SFP and VSS?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Jan 16 09:36:17 EST 2017

Hi all,

In the release notes for IOS 15.1SY I found this remark about
supported Gigabit Ethernet modules:

WS-X6748-SFP
with WS-F6700-DFC3CXL , WS-F6700-DFC3C , WS-F6700-DFC3BXL (not supported in virtual switch mode)

Does anyone know if this restriction is there to stay?
Or a fundamental reason for it's existence?

Oddly I cannot find anything about supported hardware in the
release notes for 12.2.33-SXJ - only a list of resolved caveats.

If I'm stuck with it, what would be an alternative Gigabit Ethernet
module to go with a Sup720-10GE with PFC-3CXL?

Thanks!
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100