[c-nsp] Building E-Trees

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Jan 17 05:39:20 EST 2017

Hi Pshem,

> Pshem Kowalczyk
> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 9:25 PM
>
> Hi,
>
> We have a setup that currently uses a local bridge domain on asr9k, one
local
> physical interface and a number of P2P PWE3 that terminate on PWHE on
> other asr9ks. The setup is used for broadband termination. The P2P PWE3 go
> to BNGs.
> The main reason for using a bridge domain with multiple PWE3 so we can
> load-balance the subscribers among larger number of BNGs but also to
> provide more graceful fail-over to what can be achieved  with a backup
> PWE3.
>
> Currently the bridge domain learns MAC addresses, but as the number of
> subscriber grows that's likely to become a limiting factor.  In reality we
need
> something like an e-tree where the BNGs are the leafs and the physical
> interface is the root but with limited MAC address learning. In fact what
all
> we need is one MAC address per BNG plus a 'default route' that points to
the
> physical interface.  Is there a way to define something like that?

Have you considered disabling mac learning on the BD and defining mac
addresses of BNGs and GW statically please?

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router(config-l2vpn-bg)# bridge-domain bar
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router(config-l2vpn-bg-bd)# mac
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router(config-l2vpn-bg-bd-mac)# learning disable
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router(config-l2vpn-bg-bd-vfi)# neighbor 10.1.1.2 pw-id 1000
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router(config-l2vpn-bg-bd-vfi-pw)# static-mac-address 1.1.1
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router(config-l2vpn-bg-bd)# interface GigabitEthernet 0/1/0/0
RP/0/RP0/CPU0:router(config-l2vpn-bg-bd-ac)# static-mac-address 2.2.2

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::