[c-nsp] FabricPath on Nexus Switches

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:56:56 EST 2017

One interesting thing we ran into with FabricPath couple years ago is that
you have to forget about the notion of "set of special vlans just for this
switch" . In other words your list of vlans needs to be consistent and
always the same in whole FabricPath. This is due to the fact that by
default there is only one multidestination tree for broadcasts.

One of the beautiful side effects of this is that if misconfigured it WILL
work just fine, until the next power failure when you failover into a
multidestination tree that has one vlan missing. Good luck troubleshooting
that....

For the rest of suggestions read Cisco FabricPath Best Practices Whitepaper

-pavel