[c-nsp] Basic IP to Port finding question on Cisco 3850

Scott Granados scott at granados-llc.net
Wed Jul 26 12:15:39 EDT 2017

I think this is a basic question but Googling has not helped me much so I’m hopeful someone can shed the clue light on me a bit.

I’m trying to find the specific port an IP address is attached to on a 3850 in L3 mode with SVI interfaces.  SO for example if I do a show arp a.b.c.d I’ll get the MAC and the SVI attached.  If I do a show VLAN ID X I see the port members but there are many, let’s say 10 or more per VLAN.  Is there an easy way to detect which port either the IP is received on or the MAC address that is displayed in the show arp?  Everything I’m doing seems to show the SVI that’s in play but not the specific gig port that the device is attached to and mapped to the VLAN as a member.  This seems like the sort of thing that would be easy to figure out but I’m stumped.  Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks and sorry for such a rudimentary question.

Scott