[c-nsp] Nexus 7707 as Internet Edge Router?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Jul 30 09:33:05 EDT 2017

On 30 July 2017 at 14:35, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

>> The LACP QOS is a moot point, there's no right and wrong way of doing the
>> split.
>
> Doubling the bandwidth because the policer programs as such each member
> link is definitely the wrong way.

Agreed. Of course you can work around, and configure the MQC as
desired_bw/member_count. But that breaks up badly if you lose link
from LACP.

Personally I feel the obvious right answer is, that the platform
dynamically divides bandwidth numbers by active_member_count, and
programs that to the TM, if active_member_count changes, TM
programming changes.

Like you said, requires very good balancing. But even that seems
mostly solved problem today, when you have additional abstraction
level between hash-result and egress_interface. As imbalances can be
handled by unevenly populating the hash-result=>egress_interface
mapping table.

--
  ++ytti