[c-nsp] bfd session flaps troubleshooting

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Fri Mar 3 15:22:40 EST 2017

Hi,

     Thank you for your response. So, the set up is this:

Site 1:

MX3600X-24CX-M - Running 15.4(3)S2

BFD: Session Host: Hardware - session negotiated with platform adjusted
timer values.

interface GigabitEthernet0/7
  no switchport
  mtu 9216
  ip address 10.0.16.13 255.255.255.252
  ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 3
  ip ospf 1 area 0
  speed nonegotiate
  mpls ip
  bfd interval 50 min_rx 50 multiplier 5
end

Site 2:

ASR-920-24SZ-M - Running 03.16.03a.S

BFD Session Host: Hardware - session negotiated with platform adjusted
timer values.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
  mtu 9216
  bandwidth 1000000
  ip address 10.0.16.14 255.255.255.252
  ip ospf dead-interval minimal hello-multiplier 3
  ip ospf 1 area 0
  no negotiation auto
  mpls ip
  bfd interval 50 min_rx 50 multiplier 5
  cdp enable
end

I have no QoS config. I am open to putting one on there to shape it down
to something less than 1G if needed to give BFD headroom.

Thank you.