[c-nsp] Standby ESP & RP SNMP monitoring on ASR1000 Series

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 03:50:31 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

How can I monitor memory and CPU usage on standby ESP and RP, using SNMP on
ASR1000 series?

When I walk (for example) 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.24 (OID of CPU load
average of 1 minutes) on one if ASRs, the box responds with values of
indexes corresponding only to linecards and ACTIVE RP and ESP (to be sure,
I cross checked the indexes with walking the ENTITY-MIB entPhysicalDescr).

When I try to get the same value (CPU average for 1 minutes) with indexes
for both standbys, the box responds with an error. On the other hand, those
values show up perfectly, using CLI to gather those (show platform software
status control-processor brief).

Am I missing something? Is gathering values for standby units it's an
impossibility? And I just missed that in the documentation? Anyhow, any
suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Alex.