[c-nsp] spanning-tree for local switching on ASR920

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Oct 19 04:24:48 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:19:22AM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> Treat more like an ASR1000 router, and you'll be just fine.

So, how do you bridge together two ports on an ASR1k, with STP? ;-)

I do understand the bits about no global VLAN significance, etc.,
and tieing bridge-groups to pseudowires, etc. - I just want the more
basic stuff to be more explosion-robust when the customer plugs in
things wrongly.  OTOH, the box is doing well, circulating 330.000 PPS
in that STP loop, with barely any CPU load [these are IP/ARP broadcasts
so the CPU is at risk of being told about them]...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de