[c-nsp] Multihomed OTV on CSR Lab - Mac Address Issue

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Feb 1 12:04:31 EST 2018

So I think (I could be wrong as I'm not a server guy) that all this L2
network emulation is because of server virtualization and moving vm's or
vmotion or something like that, and that they need to be in same ip subnet
(aka bcast domain).... correct ?

*if* that's true, and *if* all this layer 2 networking madness is because of
that point stated above, I would think that someone (vendors/standards
bodies/companies) would/should be working really hard to make that server
stuff work in different bcast domains (different subnets)...so we wouldn't
have to do all that L2 stuff

-Aaron