[c-nsp] Multihomed OTV on CSR Lab - Mac Address Issue

Richard Clayton sledge121 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 10:23:18 EST 2018

Hi Guys

I have configured Multihomed OTV in a virtual lab on EVE-NG using Cisco
CSR's.  The lab is 2 x CSR at one site both connected to layer2 switch and
a single CSR at a remote site.
Everything works good apart from one thing.  At the dual router site, when
I drop the OTV WAN/Overlay interface on the active CSR R1, the remote mac
appears in the R2 bridge-domain (as it should) but the 'customer' layer 2
switch mac address table still show the mac address as facing the R1 LAN.
After 5 minutes the mac table times out and traffic is then restored over
the R2 path.
Is there any way R2 can update the customer L2 switch when the remote mac
moves over to it to make the failover quicker?
I did read a Cisco article that said if spanning tree is enabled on the OTV
router, it will send out a TCN which will update the L2, I have spanning
tree enabled on the OTV routers but when I drop the OTV WAN/Overlay
interface, it does not send out a TCN, I had wireshark running.

Thanks
Rick

--
If you try to reinvent the wheel you will end up with something non-round
and should expect an uncomfortable ride. The wheel has no copyright.