[c-nsp] LACP Nexus vpc down after server reboot

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:44:07 EDT 2018

I have Nexus 3064 with vPC configuration and some strange issue going
on, I have configured LACP 802.3ad bonding with my Linux server
everything was good and working great but as soon as i reboot server i
found on Nexus switch vpc is down

N3K(config-if)# sh vpc 137

vPC status
id   Port   Status Consistency Reason                     Active vlans
--   ----   ------ ----------- ------                     ------------
137  Po137  down*  success     success                    -

But as soon as i do "shut/no shut" on po137 interface it works and vpc
brought up.

is this normal behavior on Cisco Nexus switches? I am using many IOS
switch in same config and it works but with vpc i am having issue.

This is my switch config, i am running nexus 7.0.x NX-OS

interface port-channel137
  switchport mode trunk
  switchport trunk native vlan 40
  switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20,30,100
  speed 10000
  vpc 137

on Linux side i have following config.

BONDING_OPTS="mode=4 miimon=500 downdelay=1000 lacp_rate=1"