[c-nsp] OSPF+BGP and MPLS Q's

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jul 19 16:48:36 EDT 2018

On 19/Jul/18 21:32, ringbit at mail.com wrote:

> 1. Is there a better way of doing the HA than having adjacencies to the router (can be 3 hops away) over two different VLANs and different OSPF cost over trunk links with BFD enabled?

I'd say don't run core links in VLAN's.

What adjacencies are you referring to, IGP?

> 2. Do you find less practical a MPLS network on a multi-area design vs a single-area design?

We use IS-IS in a single level (L2-only). This would be the same as Area
0 in OSPF.

My understanding is that a single Area 0 for OSPFv3 should scale as well
as L2-only in IS-IS. But I don't know many folk that run both IPv4 and
IPv6 in a single OSPFv3 deployment (even though it can be done).

> 4. At what point would you introduce RouteReflectors in the network (e.g. when 5, 10, 20 IBGP connections?)

Day 1, regardless of number of routers. Because, you will grow...

Mark.