[c-nsp] 10Gb for VSAN

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Wed Jul 25 10:41:46 EDT 2018

You don't want to "cheap out" on VSAN. It is designed to work with a
highly specific set of enterprise/datacenter grade hardware. Do not
venture off the HCL or the design guides at all. If you do, you are in
for a world of hurt. If you are considering doing things not on the
HCL of off the given designs, I would suggest not bothering with VSAN
and go with a different solution. It is not a cheap solution.

Nexus switches are quite suitable. (NB: Nexus is just any of Cisco's
Datacenter switches now-a-days). Catalyst is for Enterprise/midsized office.
The Nexus 9300 series switches would work just fine in my experience as well.