[c-nsp] XRv (eve-ng)

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Fri Jul 27 12:13:23 EDT 2018

Just to circle back with all of you.... my problem with not being able to
login to XRv was just a terminal emulator issue. Windows Telnet window was
messing up the root account creation at the beginning when XR boots up and i
guess adding a special character and messing it up. On the eve-ng community
chat, a guy named Rusty was able to figure it out be just having me use a
different terminal ... putty and mtputty work fine...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO root-system username is configured. Need to
configure root-system username. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Configuration lock is
held by another agent. Please wait. [.OK]

--- Administrative User Dialog ---

Enter root-system username: RP/0/RP0/CPU0:Jul 27 15:59:25.628 :
smartlicserver[373]: %LICENSE-SMART_LIC-3-COMM_FAILED : Communications
failure with Cisco licensing cloud: Communications init failure

% Entry must not be null.

Enter root-system username: xrv
Enter secret:
Use the 'configure' command to modify this configuration.
User Access Verification

Username: xrv
Password:

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:ios#