[c-nsp] DHCP server

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Jun 16 04:00:28 EDT 2018

Hey James,

ISR4k is IOS-XE.

I know Cisco has some plans for lighter version of XR, so I wouldn't
be surprised if next-gens of CPEs and small switches get XR makeover.
Personally, I'd just rather take working 'roll forward' and 'commit'
in IOS-XE. Right now, only reason we run any IOS-XE/IOS platform, is
because JNPR/NOK/ANET/HUAWEI (who have working roll-forward, I think
even NOK now) do not sell async serial ports. But essentially to
manage IOS-XE devices, we need to reload them to change configs, which
~OK for the application we use them.

On 16 June 2018 at 08:41, james list <jameslist72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nick
> Yes I was thinking to cat9300
>
> Good point ISR44x, is that IOS or IOS.XE?
>
> Thanks
> Cheers
>
> Il Ven 15 Giu 2018, 22:13 Nick Cutting <ncutting at edgetg.com> ha scritto:
>
>> ISR-44k is much cheaper than ASR 1k for forwarding in hardware
>>
>> But DHCP server is all done on CPU - so you could get away with a much
>> cheaper software router like a ISR43xx
>> Do you mean the catylyst 9300 series?

  ++ytti