[c-nsp] line con 0 as terminal server on Cat6500?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Fri Jun 29 02:41:46 EDT 2018

Hi all,

> Am 19.05.2018 um 18:52 schrieb Lee <ler762 at gmail.com>:
> It's been several years since I've seen a 6500, but I doubt things
> have changed.  There's two boot registers on the 6500 - the switch
> processor and the route processor.  The switch boots up first and then
> hands off to the route processor, so under normal circumstances
>  show boot
> shows the boot variables for the route processor & [maybe not the
> correct syntax]
>  remote command switch show boot
> shows the boot variables for the switch processor.
>
> So if the SP confreg = 0x0 when the box reboots it stays in rommon
> even if the RP confreg = 0x2102

Thanks for reminding me that this platform acts a bit schizophrenic at times ;-)
And of course you nailed it.

Standby chassis switch processor:
Configuration register is 0x2100 (will be 0x2102 at next reload)

I think it's pretty odd that a controlled reload is required to save the new setting.
We did that in a maintenance window and now all 4 registers of our VSS  are
set to 0x2102.

Thanks
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH			Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a			Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100