[c-nsp] EVPN/VXLAN on ASR9001 - BGP announcements not working

cnsp at marenda.net cnsp at marenda.net
Mon May 4 05:11:48 EDT 2020

>[...]
> DC-folks# This STP sucks, let's MC-LAG/VSS everything, ok that sucks let's
do
> TRILL et, al., that sucked let's do VXLAN, wait, how do we do CP-based mac

> learning? Let's do EVPN VXLAN, Oh has anyone reserved VXLAN header field
> that can be used for micro-segmentation? Tumbleweed ...
> SP-folks# no way we'll have STP to core, let's sue VPLS, that sucked let's
use
> EVPN/PBB-EVPN......
>
> adam

Today everything must  go over https (like dns, ...)
but do not forget to use XML to over bloat everything
and use at least TLS Rev. 9.11 .

Will be punted into the dollar-note big cards (Hollerith) (80 Characters
wide)
Fragmentation will be managed by punting a "C" in Column 5 .

So we will soon see MPLS over HTTPS with fancy XML-Schemes-
Network-devices will be CHROMOS-Browser-Devices,
Don't think of performance or saleable implementation in hardware,
When that would be ready, the standard has been obsoleted and replaced by

Just my 0.01$

Juergen