[c-nsp] BFD not working on ASR920

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sun Apr 3 14:30:52 EDT 2022

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 03, 2022 at 07:58:22PM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On 4/3/22 12:01, Gert Doering wrote:
> > ... all the "down and we cannot find a reason" BFD sessions came up the
> > moment I removed the "ip flow ingress" from the interface config.
>
> IIRC, isn't Netflow support on the ASR920 somewhere between suspect to
> non-existent? Or was that NAT? Or was that PPPoE?

Netflow is sort of semi-supported, if I remember right - by using
the SPAN feature of the chip to siphon traffic off to the CPU, and
do netflow there, capped to 1GE of traffic.  Or something like that.

Did not try NAT or PPPoE on that box... but I'm sure there is excitement.

(Speaking of SPAN - trying to debug BGP using a local SPAM is a real
adventure, as packets sent by the local CPU are not seen on a RX/TX
mirror session... only the RSTs coming in from the other end gave a
clue what happened)

> Thanks for the tip. I'm sure it will be helpful for many!

That was the idea :-)

gert