[c-nsp] ASR9901 licensing configuration

Shawn L shawn at rmrf.us
Thu Dec 21 15:35:20 EST 2023

I have a new ASR9901 and this is my first foray into Cisco's smart
licensing.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I've found
numerous cisco docs for configuring it, but the commands don't seem to be
present on my router.

For example, the ASR9k documentation (I cannot seem to find 9901 specific
info) shows the following to add a token

license smart register idtoken

However, I don't seem to have that

license smart ?
  flexible-consumption  flexible-consumption(Vortex) model
  proxy                 Proxy related commands
  reservation           Enable or disable the license reservation feature
  software-upgrade      Enable or disable the software-upgrade feature
  transport             Select the type of message transport for Smart
Licensing
  url                   Set the Smart Transport Primary URL

I could put in a TAC ticket, but that seems to take forever.  Hoping
someone has done it on a 9901 a time or two and can point me in the correct
direction.