[c-nsp] Internet border router recommendations and experiences

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Thu Feb 23 08:54:17 EST 2023

On 2/23/23 13:47, Gert Doering wrote:

> Basically they have "fixed" that by making the ASR9901/9902/9903 even
> more expensive.

And hence, why we consider other vendors.

I mean, the general rule for networking today, is Ethernet. Even in some
of the most far-flung regions of the world, one would be hard-pressed to
find TDM/PDH/SDH/SONET in any meaningful degree of presence.

So if Cisco price themselves out of the market with their flagship
Ethernet box - the ASR9000 - that just makes it easier for customers to
consider Juniper, Arista, Nokia, e.t.c.

Mark.