[c-nsp] Internet border router recommendations and experiences

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 09:21:03 EST 2023

Ok well there are a number those as well.  The 55A2 and newer 57C3 also support a number of 100G ports.

I quite don’t fully understand the “verbose architecture” comment.  I’ve used a lot of router operating systems, Junos since 1999, SROS, XR, XE, you name it, and there isn’t a whole lot of difference between them in terms of configuration complexity and operations.  Obviously some just don’t have the feature set others do, but if you aren’t using the features then it doesn’t really matter.

There are at this point tens of thousands of NCS 540s deployed in that types of role, so I’m a bit curious if there was something specific in the config or other operations that was a show stopper issue?

Thanks,
Phil