[c-nsp] DNA -- How do I justify the expense to mgmt when we'll never use it?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Jan 4 10:45:51 EST 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to put together an order for some Cisco switches.

We finally settled on this one: C9300X-48TX-A and the pricing is mostly fine but then there is this line item:

C9300-DNA-A-48-3Y

We don't want that or at a minimum we don't want to pay for it, but the reseller (and I guess Cisco) is forcing them to sell it to us.

That pushes the pricing way out of our budget per unit.

Has anyone found any actual value to the DNA product? I need to justify why we're paying for something we'd never use.

Off-list is fine. I know nobody wants to be like "AHhhh it's useless" on a public forum.

Thanks,
-Drew