[c-nsp] Port-channel not working Juniper vs Cisco

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Jun 11 03:59:33 EDT 2023

You've changed JNPR from 30s to 1s, but not CSCO. I'm not sure if this
is the only problem, as insufficient data is shown about the state and
LACP PDUs.

I believe the command is 'lacp rate fast' or 'lacp period short', to
reduce risk of operators getting bored, In your case, the former.

On Sun, 11 Jun 2023 at 10:38, james list via cisco-nsp
<cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> Dear expert
> we've an issue in setting up a port-channel between a Juniper EX4400 and a
> Cisco Nexus N9K-C93180YC-EX over an SX 1 Gbs link.
>
> We've implemented the following configuration but on Juniper side it is
> interface flapping while on Cisco side it remains down.
> Light levels seem ok.
>
> Has anyone ever experienced the same ? Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint
> Kind regards
> James
>
> JUNIPER *****************************
>
> > show configuration interfaces ae10 | display set
> set interfaces ae10 description "to Cisco leaf"
> set interfaces ae10 aggregated-ether-options lacp active
> set interfaces ae10 aggregated-ether-options lacp periodic fast
> set interfaces ae10 unit 0 family ethernet-switching interface-mode trunk
> set interfaces ae10 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 301
>
> > show configuration interfaces ge-0/2/3 | display set
> set interfaces ge-0/2/3 description "to Cisco leaf"
> set interfaces ge-0/2/3 ether-options 802.3ad ae10
>
> > show vlans VLAN_301
>
> Routing instance        VLAN name             Tag          Interfaces
> default-switch          VLAN_301              301
>                                                            ae10.0
>

> CISCO  *******************************
>
> interface Ethernet1/41
>   description <[To EX4400]>
>   switchport
>   switchport mode trunk
>   switchport trunk allowed vlan 301
>   channel-group 41 mode active
>   no shutdown
>
> interface port-channel41
>   description <[To EX4400]>
>   switchport
>   switchport mode trunk
>   switchport trunk allowed vlan 301
>

> # sh vlan id 301
>
> VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
> 301  P2P_xxx                          active    Po1, Po41, Eth1/1, Eth1/41
>
> VLAN Type         Vlan-mode
> 301  enet         CE
>
> Remote SPAN VLAN

  ++ytti