[c-nsp] ASR9000 QoS counters on LAG

Ross Halliday ross.halliday at wtccommunications.ca
Thu Jan 18 22:09:36 EST 2024

Hello,

We've inherited some older ASR9000 systems that we're trying to support in-place. The software version on this one router is fairly old at 6.1.4. Driving it are a pair of RSP440-SE. The line cards are A9K-MOD160-SE with A9K-MPA-8X10GE in each.

I haven't had any issues until trying to apply a policy map in the egress direction on a LAG. The counters simply don't increase. I'm aware of the complexities of policing, but right now I just want to see packets match a class - any class - even class-default doesn't increment as expected. Everything works as expected on a non-LAG port. Ingress works fine, as well - this is just egress on a LAG.

IOS-XR is not my strong point at all. I'm not sure if I'm missing something very obvious, but this seems so weird that it feels like a display bug.

The LAG members are split between the two linecards.

config:

interface Bundle-Ether4
 mtu 9200
 service-policy output LLQ-Outbound
!
interface BE4.3892
 vrf iptv
 ipv4 mtu 1500
 ipv4 address 9 255
 ipv4 verify unicast source reachable-via rx allow-self-ping
 encapsulation dot1q 3892
!

class-map match-any DSCP-Network
 match dscp cs6 cs7