[cisco-voip] RE: mapping extensions to one vmail box

Todd Keller Spectre03 at cableone.net
Sat May 8 16:35:07 EDT 2004

> Here's what I have.  I have 3 7940 phones that are using a shared line
> appearance.  I'm going to change them to extensions, setup a Pilot point
> and hunt group and have the users use Attendant console to log in and
> take calls. If no one is available it will go to voice mail.  That's the
> easy part.  But now I want to have them all be able to get the voice
> mail by pressing the messages button and have the message light come on.
> How do I do that?  Can It be done?

Assuming your using Unity it can be done. How depends on the version of
Unity your using. In Unity there should be an "Alternate Extension" or
something similar. Otherwise you may be on an older (I think pre 3.x? )
platform. If you have that option then yes it can and I have done it that
way. I have not tried the 2.x solution linked below so am not sure what
caveats it may bring.

Now if your not using Unity then it's all up to your voice mail solution and
integration of such.

Here are a few links for you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration
_example09186a0080094629.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_
and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008014f7c0.html#1133341

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_
and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801bbe0b.html#1133341

Have fun, and hope this is what your were needing and or referring to.

Todd Keller
Vice President/Chief Technical Officer
ITSC Inc.
Idaho Falls, ID