[cisco-voip] css, partitions and extension mobility

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Sat May 22 08:33:05 EDT 2004

Leonard,

It sounds like you are attemting use "An Alternative Approach to Configuring
Calling Search Spaces" found in the Callmanager 3.3 SRND
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/it/ese/srnd.html

In order the for the blocking/permitting patterns to work as described, your
'permit' patterns must be a closer match than your 'deny' patterns.  The
"closest match" logic is best described in Chapter 9 of Paul Giralt's book
"Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony".

Currently Dialed Number Analyzer actually uses its own match logic instead
of using that of the currently active ccm.exe process.  This can lead to
incorrect results in very specific corner cases, such as yours.  95% of the
time, DNA should provide accurate results.

/Wes