[cisco-voip] convert an IP Phone from SCCP to SIP

Ahmad Cheikh Moussa acm at netuse.de
Fri Apr 15 10:23:18 EDT 2005

Hi!

I have a little test lab with one 2821 Router and one
7960 Phone. I want to test some sip configuration.
The SIP Phone is connected via crossover cable to the IOS Router
and the Phone has a separte Power injector.

My Problem is that the phone did not load the new SIP Image.
The router is not fully configured at moment. The first aim is to flash
the phone with the new phone load.
Here are some cuts of my configuration:

ip dhcp pool IP-Phones
    network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0
    domain-name netuse.de
    default-router 10.0.0.1
    option 66 ip 10.0.0.1

tftp-server flash:OS79XX.TXT
tftp-server flash:P0S3-07-4-00.bin
tftp-server flash:P0S3-07-4-00.loads
tftp-server flash:P0S3-07-4-00.sb2
tftp-server flash:P003-07-4-00.bin
tftp-server flash:P003-07-4-00.sbn

sip-gateway#more flash:OS79XX.TXT
P0S3-07-4-00

Did I forgot something  ?
My another question is, can someone give an configuration example
of an IOS SIP gateway? The router should provide all necessary
services, without an extra hardware or Software.

Thanks in advance,
  Ahmad

--
Ahmad Cheikh-Moussa