[cisco-voip] RTMT alerts

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Tue Apr 26 07:13:25 EDT 2005

I'm seeing a lot of people asked me the answer to the below question so
I'm going to post what TAC told me to finish this thread:

Scott,

In order to see what is causing the alert, you can enable the CCM
detailed
traces:

Enabling detailed Traces:
NOTE: The traces must be gathered from the ccm server to which the
phone(s) is registered to.

-Go to the Cisco CallManager Administration -Application -Cisco
CallManager Serviceability -Trace -Configuration -Select a server in the
left part of the screen -Select 'Cisco CallManager'
-Make sure the 'debug trace level' is set to 'detailed'
-Check the button for 'Trace on'
-Under the 'Trace Filter Settings' section, select all items, except
'Device

Name Based Trace Monitoring' and 'Include Non-device Traces'
-Check the button for 'Enable File Trace Log'
-Please uncheck the button for 'Enable XML Formatted Output for "Trace
Analysis"'
-Click on 'Update' (at the top)

CCM Traces file will be on the server typically at:

c:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Trace\CCM\*.txt

Then when you receive the alert, you can go to the trace file and check
if you see any error/warning message on a call.

I have seen cases in wich you get these RTMT messages when a number is
not dialed correclty, but you will need to double check first with the
end users to see if they have any complaints.

Now, if you want to stop receiving these messages, you can log in to
RTMT and click on the Alert Menu> Set alert properties>select the alerts
you are getting and uncheck the Enable Alert box or selecting the alert
type, for example, MediaListExhausted and clcik next, then you will be
able to configure a Threshold to trigger the alert only when the number
of MediaListExhausted events exceed a certain number within an hour.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,
TAC