[cisco-voip] restricting meet-me

Court Schuett cschuett at hfsnorthamerica.com
Wed Apr 27 12:33:29 EDT 2005

Here's how we did it. Copy and paste from an earlier post on here.

Just an update on this.  It worked like a charm.  A bit more detailed
description of the process for anyone googling.

We didn't need to restrict the partition to VPs, but just from external
calls.  So, I took the CSS that the inbound calls come in on and added a
MeetMe partition to it above our phone Partitions.

Then, I created a series of translation patterns to route those numbers
from 7075 to 7675 and put the translation pattern in the MeetMe
partition.

After that, I created a series of CTI route points to CFA the 7675
numbers to VM.

Over on Unity, I created a Call Handler for the 7675 number and set up
the call transfer to supervise the transfer and gather information (we
also set it up to confirm).

Then, I created a Call Route to take Forwarded Calls from 7675 and
Attempt Transfer to the Call Handler I just set up.

Worked like a charm.  Internally, anyone can create or call in to a
conference.  Externally, they are required to say their name and then
can be accepted or rejected.  Exactly what we wanted.

The question I have now is this:  Is it possible for people to call in
from a cell phone and set up a Meet Me bridge.  We love the system, but
that has been a request I have heard quite a bit of.  We are currently
running CCM 4.0(1)sr2a and Unity 4.0

Thanks again for the help.