[cisco-voip] RTP only one way?

Gerd Feiner g.feiner at cablesurf.de
Fri Apr 29 06:49:51 EDT 2005

Hi there,

we have an AS5350 and using as a SIP-Gateway to the PSTN.  Now, there
is an intriguing issue:  SIP -> PSTN voice is audible, and there is an
RTP stream from the SIP-device - SIPURA - to the mediagateway.  But
there is no stream in the SIP direction coming from the AS5350.  I
already found the

voice rtp send-receive

command - but it didn't do the trick. As of now, I wasn't able to
ascertain the source of the problem.  It doesn't matter who is
initiating the call, it's always the same effect.

Don't know which part of our config you need, but here are a few:

voice rtp send-recv
!
voice service pots
  fax protocol pass-through g711alaw
!
voice service voip
  signaling forward rawmsg
  fax protocol pass-through g711alaw
  sip
   rel1xx disable
   no call service stop
!
!
interface Serial3/0:15
  no ip address
  isdn switch-type primary-net5
  isdn incoming-voice modem
  isdn sending-complete
  no cdp enable
!
voice-port 3/0:D
  bearer-cap Speech
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
  tone ringback alert-no-PI
  application session
  incoming called-number 143677..
  destination-pattern .
  translate-outgoing calling 20
  translate-outgoing called 20
  supplementary-service pass-through
  no digit-strip
  direct-inward-dial
  port 3/0:D
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
  tone ringback alert-no-PI
  application session
  incoming called-number .
  destination-pattern 143677..
  voice-class codec 10
  session protocol sipv2
  session target ipv4:x.x.x.x
  supplementary-service pass-through
!
!
dial-peer search type voice data
sip-ua
  nat symmetric check-media-src
  sip-server ipv4:x.x.x.x

this isn't by far complete, but it seems to be the important part as I
figured.  In addition, I don't really understand all of the commands
set, most of it was from an example, part is from the ?-help system and
another part is from cisco's voice config guide ...

Glad if someone could help.

Brgds,
Gerd Feiner