[cisco-voip] Trouble playing IVR prompts

Nico -- nicoltt at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 09:37:25 EST 2005

I have a trouble playing IVR prompts over IP Call Legs.
I'm using IVR TCL 2.0, and a Cisco 3660 as Gateway, IOS Version 12.3(6),
app-debitcard.2.0.2.3.tcl from TCLWare2.
When I play a prompt, in some way is "broken" the capability to hear the
called side. However if I don't play a prompt ( or due to a codec mismatch
it can't be played ), the call is set correctly.
My calls arrives from VOIP to PSTN (  there are rescrictions running IVR TCL
scripts on VOIP side ?).
According with the Cisco's document "Configuring TCL IVR Applications" ,
the TCL IVR scripts played toward a VoIP call leg are subject to the
following
conditions:
Codec Restrictions
  a.. Audio prompts played to an incoming VoIP call leg must use the same
codec as the codec used for the VoIP call setup. If the
codec of the audio file is different from the codec negotiated for the call,
the audio prompt playout fails and an error is
generated.
  b.. Codec used for playing audio prompts must be used for the duration of
the call, even after prompt playout is completed.
Supported codecs for audio playback are G.711 u-law, G.723.1, G.726 (Cisco
AS5300), G.729, and GSM-FR

I have set the gateway and client ( Openphone, Netmeeting ) codecs to g711
mu law, g711 a law and g729, but the problem persist. ( there are an other
way to test the gateway and make an IP call? )

I guess if the codec the call is setting up is diferent than the one the
prompts are, but as far I can see its ok.
When I set the prompt, h323 client and gateway codec to g729r8, in my degug
output I saw it:
624662: 5d21h: //822//MSM :/ms_asDone_buginf: Stream Association Failed:
Requested codec=0x5=g711ulaw, Negotiated codec=0x10=g729r8
I dont know where was this g711ulaw codec set.

I really need a guide and advice, please helpme!
any comments?

thanks in advance!