[cisco-voip] VM and MWI across intercluster/gateways

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Mar 2 21:44:58 EST 2005

Thanks. I did a quick search on the forums and found some other references. The Voice Mail Connectivity to Cisco CallManager 4.1(2) talks about interface options and how MWI is supported. I have the option of using either an ICT or 6608 PRI gateways to connect the cluster.

With ICT, it says it requires Q.SIG for MWI as you mentioned, but I'm not sure where Q.SIG comes into play with intercluster trunks. I don't see anywhere to configure that on the trunk.

With PRI, I have the option of using Q.SIG which I will try, but the page also mentions that I have to enable the messaging system service. Not sure if I have to use that messaging service if I have Q.Sig enabled on the PRI gateway. I'd rather not have to make any changes on the production system such as the messaging service - but if that's what it takes, then I can deal with that.

I'll run some tests and then likely open a case with the TAC if I run into any problems.

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.                                  lelio at uoguelph.ca.eh
Network Analyst (CCS)
University of Guelph                             FAX:(519) 767-1060 JNHN
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1                          TEL:(519) 824-4120 x56354
     remove the 1st letter of the canadian alphabet from my email, eh!