[cisco-voip] off-ramp faxing: list of smtp reply codes

Ryan Fields jryan.fields at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 02:54:00 EST 2005

Hi All,

I'm currently doing off-ramp faxing on an as5400.  So far
everything is working well.

I was wondering if anyone here has a complete list of specific
errors/smtp responses that may occur like the ones below or
is there someway that I can extract or generate it from the gateway?

------------------------------->
250-2.5.0 Message delivered to remote fax machine
450 4.3.2 Could not reserve a modem
450-4.4.2 A fax protocol delivery error occurred.
554-5.1.1 Destination is not a receive FAX

The smtp reply codes I got from cisco is bit generalized, I think.
Having the complete/specific list will come in handy when parsing returned
mail for statistical/status reporting.

Thanks,
Ryan