[cisco-voip] Cisco IP Phone Address Book Synchronizer

Mike Newell mnewell at spottydogs.org
Tue Mar 8 13:10:40 EST 2005

If you created your CCM with a non-fully-qualified-domain-name (NFQDN),
then you'll have this problem because the application attaches to the
system to acquire LDAP information; the LDAP server that gets returned is
tne domain name you set up on the server.  If you named your server
"PUBLISEHR" then you get back "ldap://publisher:8404" (or something
simlar).  If "publisher" is in say domain "voip.my.com" and your
workstation default domain is "my.com" then  the URL can't be expanded to
get the appropriate IP address.  At least that was my problem...

To test add your publisher's domain suffix to the domain search list on
the test workstation and see if that helps.

BTW PAB does NOT sync to Outlook.  It synchronizes with the Windows
Address Book, which is not what Outlook uses.  We went down this path with
the TAC and eventually found that it doesn't do what we want; you have to
get he Personal Assistant (around $15K) to synchronize with Outlook.
Fortunately we need PA anyway...

Thanks,

Mike