[cisco-voip] Automatically registering users to services

Mike Newell mnewell at spottydogs.org
Wed Mar 9 09:38:11 EST 2005

We're adding a ton of users to our system in batches of 100-200 at a time,
eventually adding around 2500 users.  To do this we're automatically
generating the accounts, PINs, etc. and using BAT to add them.

Our customer wants all users to have the Address Book service enabled on
thier phones.  He does NOT want the users to have to do this themselves
via the Web site - he wants the phones delivered to them with the Address
Book already there.  What our techs have been doing for the few we've
rolled out so far is logging into the CCMUser web site and adding them
manually.  Clearly this is not an option for the long haul...

The BAT utility does allow you to subscribe a service to a phone in bulk,
but it uses a fixed username/pin so for us it's pretty useless (although
it DOES save us from having to log into the CCMUser page as the user; a
few steps).

I've been analyzing the CCM database and it's pretty clear how the
database reflects the subscription.  I've got an algorithm that I can step
through manually that works and would be pretty easy to implement as a
program or script.  My goal is to have something like a "subscribe
I have two questions:

1. Has anyone else done this in a sharable way so I don't have to write it
myself?  The alorithm is pretty straightforward, but I'm not an MSSQL
programmer... :-)

2. While I can get the PIN from the bulk add program, I was kind of hoping
I could find it in the database or directory so I don't have to supply it.
So far no luck.  Anyone know where the PINs are stored?

Thanks!

Mike