[cisco-voip] 1760 V Gateway and VPN connection

Travis Llewellyn travisll at comfedcu.org
Wed Mar 9 10:30:32 EST 2005

I have a strange problem that I am perplexed on.
We have 2 locations that have 1760v's with FXO cards and are connected
to our main site via a LAN-to-LAN VPN Connection.
Calls coming into the 1760 and going to the local phone work great.
Calls coming from the 1760 to VM at our main site just go dead. The
connection happens but you can not hear anything on the line.
Calls coming from the 1760 to a phone at the main site have the same
problem.  The connection happens and it shows a connection but audio
both ways are silent.

I think it is a routing issue from the gateway but I am not sure how to
prove it.
I can ping out CM server and Unity server from the gateway if I use the
inside interface. But I can not if I use the outside (to be expected).
But I am wondering if by chance the connections coming into the 1760
somehow have a source address of the outside interface of the router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Travis Llewellyn
Network Administrator
Communication Federal Credit Union
travisll at comfedcu.org

-
Isaiah 53:6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned
to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

This e-mail and the files transmitted with it are the property
of Communication Federal Credit Union and/or its affiliates,
are confidential, and are intended solely for use of the
individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you
are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender at 405-879-5600 and delete this message
immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.