[cisco-voip] MGCP Modempassthrough question - seeing media inactive detected

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 15:35:23 EST 2005

I have 2 3700 series routers w/MGCP and CCM that a FAX
call is going between and in the 'show call voice act
brief' output on the 3700 the call comes in we see
'media inactive detected:n media contrl rcvd: n/a' in
the command output of the VoIP leg of call. On the
other 3700 it reports MODEMPASS which is right.

Both routers are configured for MGCP MODEM Passthrough
for FAX and have same MGCP and CCM-MANAGER commands.
There are 5 sites with same setup and 4 sites work,
just having trouble with inbound FAX's from one site.
The call rings through to RightFax server but it gets
stuck in modem train up.

PSTN PRI--3725--data T1--CCM--3725--PRI---RightFax

The 3 commands that are relavent here are:

mgcp fax t38 inhibit
no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse