[cisco-voip] Hold Ringback

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Sun Mar 13 22:59:57 EST 2005

There are a couple of CallManager system parameters in 4.1(2) that are related to calls on hold. The first helps out, by telling telling the user there is a call on hold. but the second is a bit more dangerous - it was introduced because of a Unity issue from what I understand.

      Hold Type : This parameter determines whether the handset lamp winks or flashes when a call is on hold. Valid values specify True (handset lamp flashes) or False (handset lamp winks).
      This is a required field.
      Default: false.

      Maximum Hold Duration Timer : This parameter specifies the maximum duration that one or both parties on a call can remain on hold before Cisco CallManager clears the call. Specifying a value of zero disables the timer.
      This is a required field.
      Default: 360.
      Unit: min.
      Minimum: 0.
      Maximum: 35791

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.                                  lelio at uoguelph.ca.eh
Network Analyst (CCS)
University of Guelph                             FAX:(519) 767-1060 JNHN
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1                          TEL:(519) 824-4120 x56354
     remove the 1st letter of the canadian alphabet from my email, eh!