[cisco-voip] Asterisk..

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Mar 15 18:00:18 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:35:31PM -0500, Marc Hering wrote:
> Ok I'm a little confused...Is Asterisk something that allows Linux to
> act as a "Call Manager"  or does it allow a Linux box to run as a
> "Gateway"   If it does both does it support the Cisco handsets?  (Most
> noteably the 7960)  and can it interact with a CCM?

	Yes, it can interact with CCM via SIP, PRI or H.323.

	The T1/PRI cards are about $500 that go into a PC if you
wanted to connect that way, but my recommendation is to stick w/
SIP for handoff assuming your CCM is SIP enabled.

	You can find SIP ld carriers in the domestic-us for $.02/min or
lower.

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net