[cisco-voip] Transcoder garbles audio

Kevin Thorngren kevint at cisco.com
Thu Mar 17 21:30:34 EST 2005

Hi Kris,

I took a quick look at your TAC case.  I briefly looked at the last
packet capture you provided.  It looks like you have 3 phones using the
CCM software CFB with one of them being G.729 and the other two G.711.

How did you capture this?

The packets to and from the Transcoder are duplicated in the trace.  I
have seen this before when trying to use a span port or port monitor.
We will first need to get a clean capture that does not have duplicated
packets.  This will allow use to get a better idea of where the problem
might be.

Have you considered that the problem might not be with the Transcoder
but that the problem might be with the CCM software CFB?
You have used two different hardware platforms but in both cases have
used CCM 4.0(2a).

Do you have the option to use a hardware conference bridge to try
isolating the problem to either CCM or the Transcoder?

I have not heard of nor did I find (after a quick search) any issues
pointing toward either a CCM issue or Transcoder issue.

What hardware do you have in the 2801 for Transcoding?

Thanks,
Kevin