[cisco-voip] Testing Hoot & Holler between two routers

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Thu Mar 17 23:36:01 EST 2005

Hello all,
	We're trying to test some default Hoot & Holler configs on 2600s
w/ E&M cards via looping them to each other in a lab.  We've tried
similar to the suggested configs in the cisco PDFs, using a 2-wire audio
config so we can (in theory) use buttsets to test the audio loop.

Has anybody gotten this to work, and how are you wiring things?  We've
tried wiring the buttsets into the audio loop and putting both off-hook,
and the ports on both routers show in-use when we latch the E&M lines to
each other, but we cannot get any audio over the loop.

Any suggestions for how to lab a hoot & hollar setup like this?  I'm
open to anything at this point, since we've made absolutely no progress
at all.

Thanks,
Dylan Vanderhoof