[SPAM] - RE: [cisco-voip] Selectively clearing call history - Email found in subject

Marc Hering mhering at reval.com
Mon Mar 21 09:16:23 EST 2005

It's funny that you mention this....
I actually had one user get pissed at me that he could not do just that,
He was spending a LOT of time on the phone for personal reasons and
didn't want his mgr to know.(Of course that's not what he told me, he
insisted that the reason was that the company didn't have the right to
"Invade his privacy" by seeing who he called"  When I told him that it
couldn't be done and that the phones weren't her personal property they
were the companies property and they had the right to watch whatever
they wanted, he said something along the lines of "We'll see about that"

Then he actually tried making about 100 calls internally to hide his
outgoing calls from the list.. (As if I'd miss a 3 hour call to
California!! :)  I have my system set to alert me to unusually
large/long calls)

Turns out, I wasn't the only one noticing,   So when his mgr asked me
for a detailed call report, I gave it to him.. After he was written up,
this user actually started screaming (And I do mean screaming :) ) at me
that I should have cleared this history and it was my fault he got in
trouble and I had "No right to invade him or violate his privacy in this
manner"  .....  I will admit, I was sorely tempted to do some BOFH style
"attitudinal adjusting" at that point :)..but after he said he was going
to "Get me and my phone reporting system too" I was laughing way too
hard to do anything.....

GO figure..

<M>