[cisco-voip] Extension Mobility problem?

Benny Giebens bgi at Helios-it.com
Tue Mar 22 05:21:28 EST 2005

All,

I have the following scenario. We use CCM 4.0(1)sr2. We have all 7912
phones and ip communicators.

Now I have made for everyone a profile based on a 7912 phone, It's
associated with a line where the busy trigger is 1. This is the key
factor, because I want a busy signal if someone is making a call.

The problem commences when a users starts a ip communicator and uses his
profile to login. It works without a problem, but the busy trigger is
always set to 2.

If I look on the phone, I got two lines , a 7912 type line and a cipc
type line. The last one is used, but when I reset the busy trigger on
this one to 1, it stays as long as the user doesn't log out. As soon as
he logs out and in again the busy trigger is put to 2.

Is this a default behavior, and if so can I change it?

I was thinking about also creating a ip communicator profile for each
user, but this will be a lot of work, and I'm not sure it will work.

Anybody has same experience or suggestions to resolve this?

Rgds

Benny Giebens