[cisco-voip] CFWDall problem

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Mar 23 16:47:58 EST 2005

Here's one of our support pages with some info on a bug that you might be hitting:

How To Restart DBL Services to Fix IP Phone Call Forwarding Issues
On occassion, we may receive calls about problems with call forwarding on the IP phones. This usually happens when the affected phones' primary subscriber's database has got out of sync with the publisher and is not sending or receiving updates. This is a known bug CSCdy57036 (Cisco CCO ID required to view). Here is a snapshot of what is included in the bug notes.

  Please note that these steps should be taken on the affected phones' subscribers.

            CSCdy57036 Bug Details

            Headline  Database failback not always working
            Product  ciscocm Model
            Component  database Duplicate of
            Severity  2  Severity help Status  Verified  Status help
            First Found-in Version  3.1(2c) First Fixed-in Version  3.2(2.5), 3.4(0.19), 3.4(0.382), 3.3(1.30), 3.3(2.10), 3.4(0.92), 3.4(0.93), 3.2(2)ES46, 3.2(02C)SPG, 3.2(2)ES52  Version help
                  Release Notes

                  [Symptoms]

                  When I try to set CallForwardAll on the IP Phone by pushing
                  CFwdAll, "Database Unreachable" appears on a Phone's display
                  after entering a directory number.
                  But I can set CallForwardAll on the web.

                  A way to recover the CallForwardAll feature is to do
                  following procedure on the subscriber which IP Phone is registered to:
                  1)Start>Programs>Admin Tools>Services
                  2)Stop the Cisco Database Layer Monitor Service
                  3)Keep that window open
                  4)Start>Programs>Admin Tools>Component Services
                  5)On the left window, click Component Services>Computers>My Computer>Click to highlight COM+ Applications
                  6)Under that folder, right click on DBL, shutdown then start

                  [Condition]

                  I use Cisco CallManager 3.1(2c) patched Support Patch B.
                  The SQL subscription between the publisher and the subscriber is NOT broken.
                  There is IP reachability between the publisher and the subscriber.
                  The publisher isn't down.

                  [Workaround]
                  Restart Aupair.