[cisco-voip] Incoming Call Issue

Carter, Bill WCarter at sentinel.com
Thu Mar 24 22:43:39 EST 2005

CSCee76615

Symptom:
--------
IOS Gateway running IOS 12.3(7)Tx and 12.3(8)Tx, with DSPware 4.3.16 and

later with NM-HDV/NM-HD-2V/AIM modules may experience one way audio
intermittently.

One way audio problem starts to happen during the duration of the call.
It may continue until the users disconnect the call. At times, one way
audio problem may clear up by itself during the call.

Condition:
-----------
This problem was observed in the following topology,

T1
Analog/IP Phones ----- IOS Gateway ------- PSTN

In the above topology, the PSTN user may experience no audio problems.
IP Phone user was able to hear the PSTN user through out the entire
duration of the call.

Work-around:
If possible, use IOS 12.3(7)Tx or 12.3(8)Tx running 4.3.15 DSPware.

  _____