[cisco-voip] i add phone to SW and a ephone creates auto

James Grace jgrace at digitelusa.net
Fri Mar 25 16:20:12 EST 2005

I have cme 3.2.1 on  a 3725 router with iso 12.11.3xl

After I configured cme in a testing lab, I notices that if I plug a new phone into my switch – cme adds another ephone.  So I started with 10 ephones in my config files.  I add a new phone to sw .  the new phone goes thru the startup (dhcp, load, etc ). And then its up with no dn assigned to it.   the reason that this is a issue is when I go to for example ephone3 and try to put in a mac-address, it errors out saying “cant use same  mac on multiple ephones , ephone 11 already has this mac.  I spoke to cisco rep and they say this is not suppose to happen.  So my question is anybody know why.   I guess it fine that it get an IP address from the dhcp pool.  But why create a ephone in cme

---