[cisco-voip] Multiple PRIs

Varghese Thomas vnthomas2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:58:46 EST 2005

Hello

I am not sure, how can it be telco dependant.

Consider the setup.

CCM -GW-H.323 GW -IP link -SoftSwitch
          GW-H.323 Backup GW -IP link - Softswitch

If GW 's WAN link is down, backup GW can get the incoming DID from the
softswitch. Fail-over would then a matter of customer's routing
convergence.

Soft switch does not know, it is talking to GW primary or secondary
GW; it only knows that zone prefix is bound to H.323 end point which
is controlled by customer.

Welcome to the world of soft trunking.

Tx n Rd