[cisco-voip] SRST (in 2821 and 3825) vs. CMM vs. AWG and somesurvivability design Qs

Erick Bergquist erickbe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 21:16:59 EDT 2006

You could have multiple routers for SRST-use if you have that many phones to go over the limit on one router, and in CCM divide the phones at the site into different device pools each with a different SRST reference. Then have dial-peers on those back to the main-voice/SRST router at site with PSTN connectivity.

But this all depends on the type of failure that occurs, how it impacts network, site, etc. How about if a site loses power and only some components are on UPS/gen power and not the whole network IPT-wise?

If you have a bigger remote site with a large number of phones, or it is important for them to have full phone services, etc in a total link failure to HQ maybe you want to look at putting a subscriber locally perhaps, etc.

Currently with the old PBX, how do the phones work if you lose total connectivity for old PBX system back to HQ? Do you have a local PBX on site for the phones that is linked to PBX in HQ?  (same concept as local subscriber).